Using what we learned in last week’s Practical, complete the following assignment.
Create a new file and call it, “intro-review.fla”
- Set up your actions layer and open the actions panel
- Create a function that accepts 2 number parameters and returns a number value
- Name the function addTenTimes
- Name the parameters num1 and num2
- Inside the function block (aka the curly braces), create a new variable called total which will be set equal to the sum of the first parameter, num1 and the second parameter, num2.
- So now we have the sum of the two parameters stored inside the variable total, but we called the function addTenTimes, so we should actually do that.
- So next try on your own to add the value of num2 to the total the remaining nine times
- When you have the final value return it back out of the function using the return statement
- Now that you have the function created call the function, but remember it is returning a number value so you should catch that value as well by storing it in a variable. You can call this variable myFunctionResult
- Lastly, trace the value of myFunctionResult so that when you test the movie the value is displayed in the output window